[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PC-Engine: IDE - installing m0n0 from another m0n0?
 Date:  Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:51:42 -0400
On 9/7/05, Marcelo Webber <marcewebb at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> Friends:
>
> Is it possible to install a m0n0 image from another m0n0 running?
> With a MASTER IDE HD and a SLAVE IDE HD?

not from a running system, there isn't anything in the image that
could be used to do that.  You could use a live CD and dd over to the
other drive probably, or use something like Ghost.

But I wouldn't bother going through all that trouble, any of that is
going to be far more work than backing up the config, writing the new
drive from scratch, and restoring the config.

-Chris