[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Seth Rothenberg <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] PC-Engine: IDE - installing m0n0 from another m0n0?
 Date:  Wed, 07 Sep 2005 17:10:21 -0400 (EDT)
> Why would you do that?
>
> Just backup the configuration, no other stuff needed.

I once asked a similar question about installing from a
running configuration.  I was thinking in terms of ability
to clone oneself.   I do this with Solaris boxes.   Boot
to single user mode, set IP, then dump/restore via network.
Without this, the only way to install is with another host.

Not sure the feature is worth the overhead in m0n0,
but that's the reason I thought of asking about it.