[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kristian Shaw" <monowall at wealdclose dot co dot uk>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monowall 1.2B9 ICMP
 Date:  Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:57:08 +0100
Hello,

I did a bit more testing.

Monowall 1.1 responds OK to pings. 1.2B3 works OK but every beta after drops
fragmented ping packets. I haven't yet tested to see if UDP packets are
affected.

The problem does seem to be with IPFilter. I disabled IPF from the exec.php
page and was able to ping the monowall with large packets again.

I took a quick look at pfsense and that doesn't seem to drop packets,
although I don't think it uses IPF?

Kris.