[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bandwidth limits for singel LAN client
 Date:  Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:41:43 -0500
On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 15:40:26 -0700 (PDT)
DiscoNat <disconat at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> trying to limit total upload bandwidth on client
> 192.168.1.11 to a total of 10 KB/s, and I want it to
> only affect that client and none of the other ones.

- create a pipe with 10 kbps bandwidth
- create a rule that looks for outgoing packets from source 192.168.1.11
  to *, and direct that rule to the pipe

I believe you can skip the queue unless you have more than one type of
traffic for that pipe and want to prioritize.

- Steve Yates
- ITS, Inc.
- Since light travels faster than sound, isn't that why some people appear bright until you hear
them speak?

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~