[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Martin" <SethM at turbinegenerator dot com>
 To:  "Peter Allgeyer" <allgeyer at web dot de>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] OpenVNP
 Date:  Thu, 8 Sep 2005 08:24:30 -0400
I havn't tested but I have read others who use LZO, when transmitting
data over the OVPN tunnel that is compressible you can get a decent
increase.  One guy noted about 20-30%, but on already zipped files 0
increase.  We send a lot of sql tidbits which are uncompressed and I
know I can compress them most of the time down about 20-40% so it would
give me at least a decent increase.  Its not mission critical however
and I can understand trying to keep m0n0 small.