[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Martin" <SethM at turbinegenerator dot com>
 To:  "Email User" <email at lvbugs dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] RE: Anyone Using Verizon EVDO with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Thu, 8 Sep 2005 08:28:45 -0400
Our Sierra wireless and Novatel EVDO (sprint pcs) cards install a USB
host controller and then a usb to serial adapter.  From what I have
heard the trunk mount units that offer USB/Serial/Eth, the usb functions
the same way and the Ethernet works through a little embedded router and
assigns DHCP.  Someone has mentioned before about having support for USB
modems so that may be a step in the right direction.  I'm not sure with
Verizon but I know with sprint, once you have the modem installed, its
just a matter of dialing with PPP #777 to have it connect.

-Seth