[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron with Morad" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DNS Problems
 Date:  Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:08:39 -0600
Running 1.2b9 and using m0n0 as primary DNS server.  Currently my LAN interface is not in use.  All
of my networks are running across 802.1Q VLAN's into OPT1 interface.  I have 7 different VLAN
interfaces on OPT1.  All of which have been working fine.  The LAN addresses of the VLAN interfaces
are passing packets in the normal fashion as gateways.  Recently, however, a few the LAN addresses
have stopped responding to pings and DNS forwarding.  The one interface that I have confirmed DNS
forwarding and ping returns on has DHCP serving turned on - the rest do not.  I have rebooted m0n0 a
few times as well as checked the settings (still going over them slowly again).  I just upgraded to
1.2b9 this morning in response to this issue.

Does anyone have any ideas here?

Thanks in advance.

Aaron