[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple client side PPTP VPN tunnels to same destination not possible
 Date:  Fri, 09 Sep 2005 07:52:00 -0500
Alexandersen Henrik wrote:

>Hi
>
>A co-worker and me often work from my home. We both need a PPTP VPN
>tunnel to our corporate network.
>
>Problem:
>
>Only one PPTP VPN tunnel can be made to the same destination. We usually
>overcome this by one of us tunneling through another destination, then
>to the desired destination.
>
>This is a very annoying limitation. I had the same problem with
>SmoothWall and hoped for this to be different with m0n0wall, but
>aparently it is a fundamental limitation with Linux and FreeBSD. I know
>an unofficial fix has been published for SmoothWall.
>
>Anyone know how to fix this with m0n0wall ???
>

>Thanks in advance,
>Henrik Alexandersen

I think this only *used to be* a problem in Linux.
One solution would be to create a VPN tunnel between both networks, and
add static routes if necessary - along with firewall rules to make sure
only the intended users can access the other side.

Another solution might involve adding another IP address and tunneling
to that one - don't know if this would be supported, though.

Have you tried using IPSEC instead?