[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alexandersen Henrik" <henrik dot alexandersen at danfoss dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Multiple client side PPTP VPN tunnels to same destination not possible
 Date:  Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:47:52 +0200

This is not a viable solution since A: I'm not a network admin at work
and B: It wouldn't exactly be a "pretty" solution to add IP routes to
each and every home LAN of the 1000 homeworking employees. ;-)

>Another solution might involve adding another IP address and
>tunneling to that one - don't know if this would be supported, though.

Well, since I'm not a network admin at work I can't just add IP addresse
to our VPN server (if this is what you meant?) and adding extra IP's to
my m0n0wall could prove to be an expensive solution.

>Have you tried using IPSEC instead?

The VPN server at work does not currently support L2TP.
Besides, I seem to remember that IPSec and NAT aren't the best of
friends?

The point here is that it simply doesn't work with more than one PPTP
tunnel from _one_ source to _one_ destination. As mentioned earlier a
fix for SmoothWall solves this problem and Microsoft's otherwise pretty
crappy Routing RAS Service even supports this.
According to a friend this mod for SmoothWall should fix it:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=114890&package_id=
140418

I am in no ways a *nix expert so I have no apparent possibility to
investigate why or how or even _if_ this "SuperKernel" works.
From the Smoothie forum:
http://community.smoothwall.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7040&highlight=mul
tiple+vpn

** Read the "The Problem" and "Who needs this upgrade" section.

..and:
http://community.smoothwall.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14384&highlight=mu
ltiple+vpn

So basically what I need is a similar "fix" for my m0n0wall and wahoo
it'd be closer to perfect! ;-P

Regards,
Henrik Alexandersen