[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "RC_GMAIL" <reconrad at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Monowall Basic Problem UPDATE
 Date:  Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:55:36 -0600
Now I have different situation. Somehow when I spoofed the netgear routers
WAN MAC address (and changed the netgear routers WAN MAC into some arbitrary
address) in monowall, I was able to obtain a IP from the ISP in
monowall...yayyyyy.

WAN interface

Status no carrier
DHCP up
MAC address 00:09:5b:xx:xx:97 <------- is spoofed from the netgear wan port
IP address 71.97.xxx.xxx
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 71.97.xxx.x
ISP DNS servers 68.238.x.xx
68.238.xxx.xx
Media none
In/out packets 6/870 (3 KB/38 KB)
In/out errors 0/0
Collisions 0

HOWEVER I still can't access the internet :(....Now this is getting good.
Everything is setup the way it is suppose to be, monowall is obtaining an IP
dynamically on the WAN. I can access other computers on the network. But I
can't access the internet. In Netgear RIP, and DHCP was turned off. All the
planets in were lined up just right and I still didn't get a solar eclipse.
Goodness. I don't have NAT implemented  because I haven't found a reason for
it in my config. No firewall rules were present in monowall nor Netgear. I
can ping any address from the client (including the netgear router and
monowall, and even my ISP IP). arrrgggggg

HELP!

:)
peace