[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "RC_GMAIL" <reconrad at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Monowall Basic Problem UPDATE
 Date:  Sun, 11 Sep 2005 09:57:33 -0600
Hi John

The LAN interface on monowall is setup as 192.168.0.1. The netgear router I called 192.168.0.3. The
range for the network (as instructed by someone to leave the netgear routers IP out of the range) is
192.168.0.5 -------192.168.0.15. I tried enveloping the netgear router into the range to no avail
either.

What gets me is that from the monowall box itself, where in the console it says ping a host option 5
or 6, it can't ping an address on the WAN. As I said, I pinged a yahoo IP address and it said No
route to host. But I can ping my ISP and get a reply. It's almost like monowall is trying to act as
the dns server. So I know it's not a netgear router thing because when I ping an address outside of
my private network range it should goto the default gateway for the WAN. I think maybe monowalls
route table is corrupt or empty or something. I can (from a client) ping the monowall and get a
reply, but I can't ping the client from the monowall.

I don't have forward dns or any of those settings enabled. I just have the standard (almost default)
settings.

Doesn't this sound like an internal problem? Is it a bug.......or am I the bug heh.