[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "RC_GMAIL" <reconrad at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Monowall Basic Problem
 Date:  Fri, 9 Sep 2005 19:27:38 -0600
Thanks for your response Jim

Yea, the westell wirespeed modem that i have is considered a "dumb modem" in that it passes
whatever. I really don't how Verizon authenticates except maybe by the westell modems mac address
and one other mac after that. As far as I can tell, the WAN on monowall hasn't been able to grab an
IP from verizon as of yet. If you scroll down to my previous to last post, I pasted the entire
system log and it says that DHCP is up but has no IP.

I know what you are talking about though because I do have another Westell 2200 that does act as a
dhcp server and all that other good stuff and when I tried putting it in instead of the other
westell wirespeed 2100, monowall was able to grab that IP it assigned but still had no internet
access. The "Block private Networks" is unchecked.
I just don't get it. Everything has been checked, double checked and triple checked...beyond. Man, I
love learning monowall and it's interface but it's going on a week tomorrow that I haven't been able
to implement it. I know I have a good 20 something hours trying every different setting and
arrangement that I could. I am a Network Administration major and need to learn this stuff anyway.