[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] What's the best to look for in CF to ide? Or ones to avoid?
 Date:  Sun, 11 Sep 2005 16:30:41 -0400
On 9/10/05, David <dlawley at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Sorry to reply to my own post but did review monowall docs and see that it
> indicated that 8 meg cards were used so found a couple of 16 meg cards on
> ebay for about $10 with shipping. One step closer to getting my full size
> box offline and replaced with my nlx and fewer moving parts.. yea.

you sometimes need to watch what brand you get though.  I took a
chance on a really cheap pack of ten 16 MB CF's on ebay, and ended up
with cards that won't boot on Soekris or WRAP boards (which is pretty
common with certain cheap CF's).  I knew the risk though and took a
chance.  Lost that bet.

Not sure if that's a problem with IDE to CF adapters, though it might be.

-Chris