[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Throughput problems (10 Mbs+ speeds)
 Date:  Sun, 11 Sep 2005 23:39:12 -0400
On 9/11/05, Tomas Florian <tomas at florien dot ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having very strange bandwidth problems with monowall.  I'm trying to
> deploy a net4801 with 1.2b09 with network interface polling on a network
> with 12 Mbs sustained.  It serves about 60 server machines on a class C
> subnet.

Easy enough, I use it in a pretty similar situation on a 4801 with
about the same throughput.  With something like 50-75 firewall rules
(the rules scale extremely well, that's not your problem).

From the sounds of it, my first guess would be you have a duplex
mismatch between the m0n0wall and something.  Does the router or
anything else involved have forced speed and duplex?  Since you aren't
forcing your m0n0wall to the same (that you mention), that would cause
a duplex mismatch, which would cause the performance problems you
mention.

Check Status-> Interfaces and see what they all say.  Then check the
devices m0n0wall is connected to on each side to make sure it matches.

-Chris