[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "RC_GMAIL" <reconrad at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Monowall Basic Problem
 Date:  Fri, 9 Sep 2005 21:11:22 -0600
Hi Don

Yes when I just use the netgear router with the westell modem, I get an
internet connection and the netgear doesn't have a problem getting an IP
from the ISP.

Well, as far as accidentally mixing up the nic connections, that is next to
impossible and be able to access the monowall webgui :)
The 3com (LAN) nic is xl0 and the Kingston (WAN) is rl0. When assigning the
nics, I only plugged in the LAN when it asked for it...3com (xl0). When it
asked for the WAN, I plugged the Ethernet cable into the Kingston(rl0) and
let it finish up. But yea I know what you mean, sometimes you have to go
back to the basics when troubleshooting. Thanks

As I am continuing troubleshooting, I can't help but thinking I have a MAC
conflict issue but I don't know how. I remember back a few weeks ago that
smoothwall didn't obtain an IP from my ISP either.