[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jared Cebada" <JCebada at smwc dot edu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  dhcp\partition
 Date:  Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:48:03 -0500
Recently I had a rouge dhcp server pop up on my network. A student with
an incorrectly hooked up netgear, started serving dhcp requests.Due to
the port cost and network traffic several machines bounced back and
fourth from Mono wall dhcp and the student router dhcp. Thus causing
mono wall's dhcp to crash, due to the inability to write or commit new
leases due to the limited file space. Is there a way to either
increase
the partition size or have mono wall check for duplicate leases and
either append the current one or not write one at all. I have noticed
several duplicate leases in the diagnostics dhcp leases tab. I am
using
a generic pc image decompressed on to a hard drive ver 1.11