[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  Kris Maglione <bsdaemon at comcast dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.2b10
 Date:  Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:49:04 +0200
Hi Kris!

Am Montag, den 12.09.2005, 11:09 -0400 schrieb Kris Maglione:
> If there's anything that I can do to help, please post it somewhere. I use
> OpenVPN, and would like to be able to move my server to a m0n0wall box as soon
> as possible (I am the only one who can edit the config files, and noone else
> around is likely to try to learn anytime soon).
Why not writing the CRL code you expected to see in OpenVPN? While
writing you'll see the problems with the code. This is the best way to
fix errors, IMHO. And then: Test, test, test and give feedback.

The primary goal for me is, to integrate OpenVPN better into m0n0wall.
The biggest problem at the moment is the optional interface handling.
While they are handy for many things, they were designed for physical
interfaces and the tunneling interfaces don't interact very well with
them. There are a lot of places to change the code in m0n0wall (this
even is a problem to remove the OpenVPN code from m0n0wall for
1.2final). As long as there isn't any recoding of the underlying
interface handling (and we are thinking of it for 1.3beta) I'll continue
to integrate OpenVPN tunneling interfaces as smooth as possible.

Peter Curran said, that he is "currently playing with a complete
re-write of the core m0n0 code using an OO approach - I hope this will
get around the inflexibility inherent in m0n0 for adding in stuff like
OpenVPN". Maybe this could be a medium-term solution.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |           Linux ext2fs has been stable for a long time,