[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  RC_GMAIL <reconrad at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monowall Basic Problem
 Date:  Fri, 9 Sep 2005 22:37:59 -0400

> As I am continuing troubleshooting, I can't help but thinking I have a MAC
> conflict issue but I don't know how. I remember back a few weeks ago that
> smoothwall didn't obtain an IP from my ISP either.

I personally have Comcast. They initially went from MAC ID's from the
computer NIC to MAC ID's from Cable modems. Just had an experience where I
just knew by switching my cable modem, I was going to loose intenet
connectivity ( I'm am trouble shooting a Vonnage VOIP home phone...real
pain)..

Any, after changing the cable modem, I still had internet access...for 12
hrs. The next day I was on tech support.

I think m0n0wall has a the ability to spoof MAC addresses. Try getting the
WAN mac ID off the netgear and plug it into the m0n0wall.

If this doesn't work, sounds like you may need to get ahold of another ISP
Tech. I tend to ag