[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN Harware Question
 Date:  Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:58:49 -0400
On 9/12/05, Lee Saferite <lee dot saferite at speedysigns dot com> wrote:
> Thanks for the info Kerem.
> I have checked most of the ones listed in the past and the only MiniPCI
> board I can actually find for sale are the Soekris ones.

The Soekris cards might be your only option.  They're definitely the
most well-tested option on m0n0wall (I've never heard of anybody using
anything other than those).

> After a dissapointing attempt to puchase from them, I'm looking for
> another source.

hmm, can't say I've ever had difficulties dealing with Soekris.  Their
ordering process is a bit of a pain, but it's never been a big deal
for me.

I'd also consider whether you really need the accelerator card.  If
you don't have a whole lot of bandwidth (a T1 or two, or less) you're
not going to put a WRAP under much load at all, so it'd just be a
waste of money.

-Chris