[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Knight <boheme at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Dual gigabit machine recommendations
 Date:  Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:52:43 -0700
I have friend who needs to build a firewall box at his office to protect an
internal application server. I recommended m0n0wall.

He wants it to be able to support gigabit bandwidth, and none of the soekris
boxes have gigabit ports. He is considering buying a IBM xSeries 304 box to
house m0n0wall. It seems like overkill to me, and it has SATA instead of
IDE, so I would have to address the CF adaptor issue. So, I'm looking for
alternatives.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a machine with dual gigabit that they have
used as a platform for hosting m0n0wall?

-Chris