[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] dhcp\partition
 Date:  Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:43:16 -0400
On 9/12/05, Jared Cebada <JCebada at smwc dot edu> wrote:
> Recently I had a rouge dhcp server pop up on my network. A student with
> an incorrectly hooked up netgear, started serving dhcp requests.Due to
> the port cost and network traffic several machines bounced back and
> fourth from Mono wall dhcp and the student router dhcp. Thus causing
> mono wall's dhcp to crash, due to the inability to write or commit new
> leases due to the limited file space. Is there a way to either
> increase
> the partition size or have mono wall check for duplicate leases and
> either append the current one or not write one at all. I have noticed
> several duplicate leases in the diagnostics dhcp leases tab. I am
> using
> a generic pc image decompressed on to a hard drive ver 1.11

Since nobody seems to have an answer, I'll take a stab.  Sounds like a
bug in isc-dhcpd, or at least that seems like a reasonable guess.  :)
I'd upgrade to 1.2b10 for the newer dhcpd and see if that doesn't
resolve it.  Or, if you want a very well tested and known reliable and
solid version, go for 1.2b9 (most of us think it's just as if not more
stable than 1.1).  I wouldn't hesitate to use b10 though.

-Chris