[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter <peter at iwebsl dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  loadable block lists
 Date:  Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:15:13 -0400
Here is my problem. I run a web site that is continually under attack by script kiddies with
password hurlers. 99% of the IP's used are open proxies. Over the past 3 months I have built a block
list on my web server of approx 850 IP's which I block at the web server level. Every day I see
these IP's used over and over again now though I'm seeing a big decline in new IP's used.

What I would like to do is instead block these IP's at the firewall level but adding 850 rules is a
task I'm not up to. Has anyone developed a way to load a listing of IP's into m0n0 for blocking?

Regards,
Peter