[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  R Cramer <r dot cramer at csysc dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Dynamic DNS between m0n0wall & private NAMED server
 Date:  Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:41:09 -0400
Hello,

Upon reviewing docs was unsure as to whether or not m0n0wall has the
capability to configure Dynamic DNS with ones own named servers rather the
thru servers like what DynDNS.org and some others offer?

In other words I have my own network with 2 named servers.  They can be
configured to provide dynamic dns info.  I am remote from that network hung
on a cable.  I want to make several servers visible at the remote location.
I was therefore considering running m0n0wall for the firewall and to
establish Dynamic.  Is it possible to do?

Most of the low end consumer routers will only work with one or two of the
public DNS sites, e.g DynDNS.org  If m0n0wall can not be configured in this
situation are there any suggestions on other routes to accompolish  this?

Dick