[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "T. Lechat" <m0n0wall at lechat dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.2b10
 Date:  Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:34:45 +0200
> On 9/12/05, Soren Vanggaard Jensen <svanggaard at hotmail dot com> wrote:
>>
>> Just upgraded to 1.2b10. It seems to work. I have had a lot of trouble
>> with
>> version 1.2b9, which was freezing up approx. 1 time every 24 hours. I
>> hope
>> the new version solves the problem.
>>

> I'd be surprised if it did.  This is the first report I recall of b9
> freezing up, and the changes in b10 are relatively minimal.  If b10
> still freezes, report back with some hardware details.
>
> -Chris

I had the the same trouble on b9. It was freezing with no message on
console, neither on log.
It's running on a little compaq deskpro p450 with 2 realtek (rl) ethernet
card + 1 embeded compaq ethernet card (fxp).
I did several test with different configuration (bios setup (irq
auto/manuel, acpi, usb desactived, IDE timeout...), pci slot moves...
Neverless every trying failed approximatively every 24 hours, sometimes less
(5 min thru 24h).

Troubles started at 1.2b6 if I remember (with freebsd 5.0 too )-;  ) But at
this time I got some message about ethernet card fxp hanging up (fxp0 Device
timeout). These messages disappeared since 1.2b9, but freezes stayed.

So I didn't report this trouble before as I was thinking that this is
probably an hardware trouble with ethernet card and/or motherboard.

Very strange... but since 1.2b10 I can report no freeze since more than 24h
(-;

T. Lechat