[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  Joao Alexandre <jalexandre1964 at yahoo dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.2b9, PPPOE problems.
 Date:  Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:41:07 +0200
Am Dienstag, den 13.09.2005, 01:40 -0700 schrieb Joao Alexandre:
> How does this works, not very familiar with this
> things.
It depends. Usually I look at the logfiles, documentation, changelog and
source code before I sent a bug report. The bug report for mpd can be
sent on the mailinglist or through the bug tracker on sourceforge.net.

I'm not really sure who is responsible for your problem. Normally mpd
asks for two nameservers in an IPCP packet (sending IPCP_CONF_REQPRIDNS
and IPCP_CONF_REQSECDNS to the ppp server). It will be provided with one
or two nameservers. If no nameserver for a request is available, the
request is rejected through an IPCP_REJECTED.

Now there are several possibilities: Your provider doesn't send an
IPCP_REJECTED for the IPCP_CONF_REQSECDNS or mpd does ignore the
IPCP_REJECTED and continues to ask for the secondary nameserver. It
would help to take a look at the logfiles searching for
IPCP_CONF_REQSECDNS and IPCP_REJECTED and see what is going on. If your
provider is behaving correctly, then you can describe your problem on
the mpd mailinglist waiting for an answer. I would expect the author of
mpd reading that list.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |           Check it out, send me comments, and dance
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     joyously in the streets,  -- Linus Torvalds