[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Are TCP DNS queries possible?
 Date:  Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:04:49 -0500
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:06:45 -0400
Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net> wrote:

> The MS SMTP starts with TCP queries but should fall back to UDP after
> failure.  I'd have a search on the MS KB for details.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;263237

That's for Windows/Exchange 2000.  It doesn't say it will fall back
though, it says, "Request for Comments (RFC) 883 and the later RFCs
prescribe that DNS servers be able to accept both TCP virtual circuits
and UDP."

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame you.

~ Taglines by Taglinator 4 - www.srtware.com ~