[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0clock?
 Date:  Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:55:05 -0400
On 9/13/05, Twig <twig at gwi dot net> wrote:
> Has anyone given any thought to using the base m0n0wall config/web
> interface schema to make an ntp appliance?  I'm looking at getting a
> bunch of Soekris 4501's to deploy as NTP boxes, based on their
> excellent innate timekeeping under FreeBSD, being able to control and
> upgrade them using the same system as m0n0wall would be great.
> I'm willing to do the heavy lifting on this if people think it'd be
> worthwhile?

From http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-goals.html

Now, about the NTP server... Rest assured that if msntp didn't have
problems with Windows XP clients, there would have been a nice little
NTP server configuration page in the webGUI, or at least a checkbox on
the general setup page (with default to off of course), since pb15. But
I don't like stuff that works only half of the time, so that's why it
hasn't happened yet.

This is still an issue as far as we know.  Nobody has looked into it
for a while though, it's worth another look if you'd like.