[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  kenny dot carlsson at ggp dash group dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Feature request
 Date:  Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:16:15 +0200
When I've been pinging from console, I've noticed that Aliases specified
in the WEB UI is not recognized.
An example:

In the Alias "table" I've set up an Alias called Me, pointing to the host
192.168.1.1
When I go to the console and from the menu choose alternative No 6, and
write Me as the host to ping, I get the following output:

ping: cannot resolve Me: Unknown host

So my question is if it's possible to add the feature to be able to use
the aliases specified in the WEB UI also in the console (and in exec.php)?
Or, is it intentionally not possible in order to not interfer with DNS?

Best regards,
Kenny Carlsson