[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Me <d3javu1978 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  Tom Anderson <tom at haremail dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] CF to IDE reader.
 Date:  Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:00:30 -0700 (PDT)
I have tryed 3 diffrent images, I have the drive set
to auto and the bios does recognize the drive as
either a 8MB or a 32MB depending on which one I have
plugged in. (I have a bunch of the lexar 8MB cards)
I also have the 5 volt floppy connector attached to
it.
And I have used a couple of known good IDE cables.
I will check the drive geometry that windows reports
when i write the image. I did try for old time sake to
alter the drive geometry in the bios but no luck.

One thing I have notice is that the Activity light
remains off the entire time. I guess I can try another
machine and see if it works there. I may just need to
go with another box.

Oh well, I was so syked about getting the FC card
working. I guess if any thing i'll just keep a good
backup of my config and keep booting from the CD.
untill I find another old box somewhere.

Thanks for all your replies, I have some ideas to try
now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/IDE-HARD-DRIVE-TO-CF-COMPACT-FLASH-ADAPTER-A1_W0QQitemZ5

http://mail.yahoo.com