[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Darko Miodrag" <darko at cse dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  unable to establish NetMeeting sessions over monowall
 Date:  Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:06:49 -0400
I've recently put my 15 computer network behind a monowall. We have an
entire class C subnet so Im using 1:1 NAT to map public IP addresses to
private ones in a 192.168.91.x space.

I've got a pass-through rule for my computer ('Darko' is an alias) for any
protocol and any destination... but it still doesn't work.

*  *  *  Darko  *  Passthru for Darko

I've searched the mailing list and others have had the same issue, but
nobody has posted a real solution to the problem. Google searches don't turn
up much else and Microsoft's guide to getting Netmeeting to work through a
firewall doesn't really do much in this case.

With 1:1 NAT and the policy above, I should essentially be wide open through
my public IP, no? Everything else works fine; RDP, PCAnywhere, VNC, you name
it... just NO NETMEETING!

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Darko