[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] CF to IDE reader.
 Date:  Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:46:22 -0400
"ME",

Chris Buechler has a really conveinent Live installer I would
recommend, but in doing so, I would suggest the following.

http://chrisbuechler.com/index.php?id=17

On the machine you are trying to install the image. I am assuming this
will be the actual m0n0wall firewall box.

1. remove any hard drives you don't want to over-right by accident.
2. install the CF adapter in the IDE-0 slot
3. Make any BIOS setting changes required.
4. Run the Live installer from CD.
5. Make sure you have a copy of the instructions handy during install.

I had no problems doing this.

conversely, if you install, say ver 1.11 and get it working from the
CF card, you can then upgrade to the latest image from the m0n0wall
GUI later.

- Don