[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  "'Darko Miodrag'" <darko at cse dot ca>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] unable to establish NetMeeting sessions over monowall
 Date:  Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:04:43 +0100
> With 1:1 NAT and the policy above, I should essentially be
> wide open through my public IP, no? Everything else works
> fine; RDP, PCAnywhere, VNC, you name it... just NO NETMEETING!

From what little I remember about Netmeeting - it uses a subset of h.323 for
audio/video. h.323 is even more a pain in the backside to get running
through NAT than SIP. Generally with SIP, you've got 2 options - 1) rewrite
the outgoing SIP headers with the true external IP, or 2) use an outbound
SIP proxy that'll rewrite the headers for you before sending them on to the
remote party.

Remember, you are *technically* still behind nat, even if it's a
fully-mapped symmetric NAT. If you want to give each client a true public
IP, you'll need to use the filtered bridge rather than 1:1 NAT.

Sorry, I know I haven't really come up with a solution, but hopefully it's
at least an explanation of the (likely) problem.

Regards,

Chris