[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  "'Jonathan De Graeve'" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Dual gigabit machine recommendations
 Date:  Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:11:18 +0100
> Does anyone have a suggestion for a machine with dual gigabit that
> they have used as a platform for hosting m0n0wall?

Depending on your budget / size requirements, I'd probably go with a cheap
dual Xeon board (Asus PCH-DL is a good one - about £115 this side of the
pond) and a single Xeon cpu - something around the 2.8Ghz range can probably
be had for around £100 or so. You've got an intel gigabit controller
on-board, add another one in a PCI-X slot for say around £120, a stick of
ram (£30) and you've got a nice system with plenty of upgrade potential if
you need more interfaces, etc.