[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mathias_Bur=E9n?= <mathias dot buren at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  ip/ipf
 Date:  Thu, 15 Sep 2005 00:16:15 +0200
Hi there!

I was just wondering, uhm, m0n0wall currently (1.2b10) uses pf
(packetfilter), right? There's also ipf (IP Filter) in *BSD... I was
wondering why m0n0wall doesn't use ipf instead of pf! I don't know
why/if it should, just a question. Would it take much to rewrite
m0n0wall for ipf? Well, I guess it would if it used a different
syntax... Maybe a wrapper could be written for it (like a script.sh
file which took inputs and made ipf commands out of the inputs).
Would 'we' benefit from having ipf in m0n0wall instead of pf?

Regards, Mathias