[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Trouble with pptp vpn, AD
 Date:  Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:13:30 -0500
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:26:33 -0400 (EDT)
  "Dain" <bentley78 at myway dot com> wrote:

> I am trying connct to my pptp vpn and have followed to m0n0 guide
>and the guide at http://www.michael-i.com/files/projects/m0n0ad/ but
>to no avail.  I keep getting an error 619 from windows.  What rules
>do I open up on the WAN side?  I have 47 and 1723 opened up but it's
>still a no go.  My pptp interface has eveything open and I have my
>LAN interface accepting any any from pptp clients.  Am I missing
>something?.  I am using 1.2b10 by the way.

I too have had this problem a few places.  Many of them are known
issues, like being behind a Cisco Pix firewall.  However, one time
there were two clients NATed behind a m0n0wall firewall trying to PPTP
out to different places.  He could, and I could not.  I had him get
off the network, and rebooted the local m0n0wall and my laptop, and I
still could not bring up a tunnel.  My first recomendation is to try
it on a real IP, (no NAT) and see if your config works.