[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  andrew at trinitysitesoftware dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN betas?
 Date:  Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:58:17 +0200
Am Donnerstag, den 15.09.2005, 13:19 -0400 schrieb Andrew J. Richardson:
> Will Peter Allgeyer's experimental changes to m0n0wall, that improve
> handling of the OPT1 interface for OpenVPN use, be included in a future
> m0n0wall beta fork?
I do hope so. That's why I'm working on it ;-) But to be honestly: I
think that the interface handling must be rewritten from scratch to have
a clean design.

To give you an example undependently from OpenVPN: Just add two or three
VLAN interfaces to your system, add filtering rules to it and then
remove one of the vlan interfaces from the beginning (or in the middle).
You will see, that the rulesets have changed from the deleted interface
to the next one :-( It's because of the renumbering scheme which takes
place when an interface was deleted.

BR,
  PIT

 copyleft(c) by |   _-_     linux: the choice of a GNU generation
 Peter Allgeyer | 0(o_o)0   (ksh at cis dot ufl dot edu put this on Tshirts in '93)