[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kris Maglione <bsdaemon at comcast dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] mono wall 1.11 susceptible to dhcp dos attack
 Date:  Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:51:27 -0400
Chris Buechler wrote:

>m0n0wall was never intended to serve as a large-scale DHCP server, and
>Manuel has stated in the past if you need to handle large loads or
>need any options more than what's now in the GUI, you need a "real"
>DHCP server.

If the WebGUI does have enough options, though, and you like the ease of
access, you might hack the sources to mount a rw partition and write the
dhcpd lib directory there. You chould also just create a larger RAM
disk. I'd be willing to hack up a custom image for the purpose, if you
want it. Mounting a real rw partition, though, is an extremely bad idea
if you use CF, since the dhcpd leases file changes so much.