[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kris Maglione <bsdaemon at comcast dot net>
 To:  Jonathan De Graeve <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] mono wall 1.11 susceptible to dhcp dos attack
 Date:  Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:35:50 -0400
Jonathan De Graeve wrote:

>Doesn't have BSD a TMPFS like Linux has?
>
>If so, it should be possible to have the DHCP logs on the system in
>memory without the need of a bigger mfsroot...

Yes, BSD has something similar to linux's tempfs (malloc'd mdisks), and
you're right, it would be possible to create a separate memory disk for
config files, etc. I can't argue for or against it, but it would
complicate things. If you want to propose a resizable memory disk for
temporary/config/db files, or something of the like, you should post a
separate thread about it.