[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jared Cebada" <JCebada at smwc dot edu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] mono wall 1.11 susceptible to dhcp dos attack
 Date:  Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:31:23 -0500
Chris Buechler wrote:

>m0n0wall was never intended to serve as a large-scale DHCP server,
and
>Manuel has stated in the past if you need to handle large loads or
>need any options more than what's now in the GUI, you need a "real"
>DHCP server.

Just for the record My user base is 260 users at most for any one point
in time.
 I don't need any more options than it has in fact I find the whole
package to be rather robust.
It took one rough dhcpc 1 hour to bring down dhcp on monowall,
Increasing the size of the
partition or tmp will only delay the problem. Is it to much for it to
check for duplicate leases.