[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Josh Hyles <josh dot maillists at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall + segmented networks
 Date:  Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:38:47 -0400
I am really new to all of this, so please excuse my lack of proper
terminology. Basically what I am trying to do is setup a 3 network card
m0n0wall that will allow for a LAN, WAN, and a WLAN via a linksys router. I
have a m0n0wall with three cards in it, but I have no clue as to what I need
to do in order to get them working. The goal of this is to make the WLAN
completely separate from the rest of the network so if someone does jump on
the WiFi, all they get is internet and not access to the rest of my
computers on the LAN. I'm sure this has been done a million times before but
I am not sure what you call it and am not able to search. Searching on this
maillist is a pain cause it doesnt group the threads together and you have
to search for all the replies (maybe I'm doing it wrong, is there a better
way?) So here is a list of what I am trying to do..
 -setup m0n0wall with 3 networks (WAN, LAN, WLAN) public.ip,
10.0.0.1<http://10.0.0.1>,
10.0.1.1 <http://10.0.1.1>
-secure/block traffic from WLAN to LAN, but allow full access to WAN
-punch a whole through from WLAN to LAN for ip printing
(10.0.0.10<http://10.0.0.10>
)
  Thanks in advance to whoever can point me in the right direction, even if
its just the right term for what I'm trying to do.
 Josh.