[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Trouble with pptp vpn, AD
 Date:  Fri, 16 Sep 2005 19:14:57 -0400
On 9/16/05, Bryan Kohlstedt <kohlstedt at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On a somewhat related note, I am also having a lot of problems with pptp
> from behind m0n0wall. I recently found on the mailing list the
> incompatibility when you are trying to access a remote pptp vpn server from
> behind a monowall that also is set to be a pptp server.

That's not an issue.  I do that all the time.  Only limitation with
PPTP behind m0n0wall, when using NAT, is only one client machine can
connect to a single PPTP server on the Internet.  This is a limitation
of all NAT devices that don't have a PPTP proxy, because PPTP is
NAT-unfriendly.

That is, 10 clients can connect to 10 different PPTP servers, but 2
clients can't connect to the same PPTP server.

-Chris