[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mattchewie <mattchewie at charter dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DMZ to World Issues - Need Guidance
 Date:  Sun, 18 Sep 2005 01:38:49 -0400
Hello all!

I'm new to the m0n0wall project but I got say, its pretty slick.

I'm also a bit of a network dullard when it comes to firewall rules and
such so I'm seeking assitance.

My network setup is as follows - <I hope the formating turns out ok on
this :P, using webmail>

(Internet: Cable with 1 public IP)

(WAN: DHCP from ISP - monowall)
    |                 |
   V                V
(LAN: 192.168.1.x)    (DMZ: 192.168.5.1 - DHCP Enabled Interface)

            (Zyxel Router/AP: 192.168.5.2 on WAN side of device)

            (wireless clients on a 192.168.10.1 network)

As you can see I have 2 interfaces on the monowall (WAN/LAN/DMZ). I have
DHCP and DNS Forwarding enabled for both the LAN and DMZ Interface.
Connected to the DMZ Interface is a Zyxel wireless router. The Zyxel
inturn is using its own internal routing and such to provide wireless
clients with a 192.168.10.x IP.

What I'm trying to achieve is to have the m0n0wall let all dmz traffic
out to the net but keeping the DMZ traffic off the LAN. I followed the
"how to" from the documention page but it's not working. Traffic from
the DMZ doesn't seem to be passing to wan and then out to the net. I'm
sure I need a rule(s) to allow this but I'm not sure for what Interface
I need it on and how to configure it.

Please let me know if more info is needed and thank you for your help!!