[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  Kris Maglione <bsdaemon at comcast dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN, switching to m0n0
 Date:  Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:26:47 +0200
Hi Kris!

Am Sonntag, den 18.09.2005, 00:26 -0400 schrieb Kris Maglione:
> The problem with OpenVPN is
> that it's so damned complex. Maybe there should just be three distinct
> senerios. Ethernet tunnel, IP tunnel, Ethernet bridge; one can't be
> changed on the fly to another and they act and are implemented in
> completely different ways.
Sounds nicely. I think that this could lead us to a wizard, configuring
OpenVPN for beginners. Still the experienced admins want to have as much
features as possible to configure through the GUI. Another thought would
be to have hidden options for them. Problem with hidden options is, that
they have to be documented anywhere and the implemtation is almost exact
the same as for a visible option in the GUI. The only thing you gain is
a less complex GUI. On the other hand lots of asking for howto do sth.

> I know a lot of thought has gone into the implementation and that a lot
> is yet to be figured out, so I'm just throwing out thoughts.
Thanks, Kris. I'm always looking forward to hear suggestions from other
people.

BTW: Is an "Ethernet tunnel" a useful scenario on a gateway?

Ciao ...
	... PIT ..

 copyleft(c) by |   _-_     The easiest way to get the root password is
 Peter Allgeyer | 0(o_o)0   to become system admin.  -- Unknown source