[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ervin Malicdem <schadow1 at gmail dot com>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.2b10
 Date:  Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:47:11 +0800
Captive portal authentication using local user manager still would not work
properly if Linksys WRT54G is used as an access point because m0n0wall
authenticates the IP/MAC of WRT54G instead of the wireless clients. Note
that OPT1 is connected on WRT54G's LAN port (not WAN port). DHCP is disabled
at WRT54G and gets DHCP from m0n0wall.

Still using 1.2b7 as of this point due to problem. Problem was discussed at
this thread.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=177&actionargs[]=32.

I am sticking with WRT54G due to availability of 3rd party firmware such as
Talisman that enables WDS.

If m0n0wall can help us with this uncompatibility on 1.2 final release, it
would make us very happy :)

Thanks!