[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP Settings
 Date:  Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:34:41 -0400
On 9/18/05, Jay Binks <Jay dot Binks at safeworld dot net dot au> wrote:
> In our office we run a win 2k3 server... and monowall as our router /
> firewall..
>
> I hate the windows server and it does stupid things if each of the
> client PC's
>
> Done send DNS requests to the 2k3 server...

of course it does, active directory requires proper DNS resolution.

> but because monowall Sets all dhcp clients to issue dns requests to monowall  I > have to
> manually configure
> DNS on each client PC.
>
> Im looking for a way to tell monowall to send specific dns servers to
> all clients When they request their config via DHCP.

configure the DNS servers on the General page.

I'd also recommend upgrading to 1.2b10 and trying out the per-domain
forwarding, where you can forward only your AD domain to your Windows
server.  then you could assign m0n0wall and the windows server as your
dns servers

-Chris