[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Public & Private routing
 Date:  Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:45:49 -0400
On 9/18/05, Justin Wilson <j2sw at mtin dot net> wrote:
>    I know this has probably been asked before so I apologize in advance. I
> skimmed the FAQs looking for the answer.
>
>    I want to be able to route both public and private ips to clients behind
> my m0n0wall box.  Currently I have several wireless accesspoints bridged on
> a 192 network. I want to be able to provide public IPS (which we have
> multiple Class C's) to certain clients.

this isn't easy to accomplish.  maybe not even possible to accomplish.
 m0n0wall does not provide any ability to add multiple IP subnets on a
single interface, and you don't want to plug two interfaces into the
same broadcast domain.  Your best option, which probably isn't
feasible, would be to put a public IP AP on an OPT interface.

-Chris