[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ervin Malicdem <schadow1 at gmail dot com>
 To:  cbuechler at gmail dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.2b10
 Date:  Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:24:33 +0800
I thought I was not experiencing this problem at first because I can
successfully authenticate my Pocket PC. But after I already had other
clients on laptop, it won't authenticate. There is a continuous loop wherein
after entering the username and password correctly, it refreshes back to the
login page and does not continue to the page to be visited.

I reviewed who has logged in using the captive portal log and I saw the
authentication only happened up to the MAC address of the WRT54G but failed
to authenticate the laptop's MAC address.

With my pocket pc it is a wierd experience. After logging in, the page
refreshes back to the same authentication page. But after you click on a
hyperlink that links to my allowed webpage for usage acceptance policy, the
authentication page will automatically go towards the desired page to visit.
(This cannot work with laptop clients.)

As soon as the pocket pc gets authenticated, the username is gained access
to both the pocketpc's MAC and the WRT54Gs MAC.

Altogether, laptops cannot connect but pocketpc's and nokia 9500 can
connect; but the username of the last person to login is reflected at the
APs MAC and the mobile device's MAC.

This happens with 1.2b8 up to 1.2b10.

Tested with 1.2b7 and logs-in flawlessly. I also checked the captive
portal's log and the WRT54G's MAC is not reflected but only the clients'
MAC.

On 9/19/05, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Manuel and I have discussed this offlist and don't see how it's
> possible that it's changed behavior on a bridged AP from one of the
> earlier 1.2 betas to now. I have a WRT54G, but haven't had time to
> try to replicate this yet.
>
> This one report is the only thing we've heard of this. It works fine
> for everybody else.

I believe there are 7 people including myself who felt this bug with WRT54G
after searching in the mailing list.

-Chris