[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vince Van De Coevering <vpv at figaros dot com>
 To:  "'Christopher M. Iarocci'" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>, "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Excellent (and affordable) m0n0 platform
 Date:  Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:50:10 -0700
Sorry this response is so late... The wife "ordered" a computer free
weekend....

Its been my experience that nothing shows up on the serial port.  In its
original CheckPoint config the serial port shows the kernel loading and an
option to login.  For every unit I've tried its simply been a matter of
installing a working CF card, connecting via the web gui at the default
address, and uploading the saved image from my web browser.

The original system appears to be maintained/flashed through a series of
update programs obtainable from Intrusion.

Vince Van De Coevering
IT Manager
Figaro's Italian Pizza, Inc.
503-371-9318 x216