[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Charlie Barker" <CharlieBarker at RedlineSoftware dot co dot uk>
 Subject:  Sanity Check
 Date:  Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:24:58 +0100
Dear all,

Please excuse the slightly off-topic nature of this post.

We have just had a Bulldog SDSL line installed and with it they supplied a
Speedtouch 605s SHDSL Router/Modem.

This router exhibits some strange behaviours
	1) It loses all NAPT Entries if switched off and on.
	2) To establish PPTP VPN Connections we have to reboot the router
periodically (every few hours)
	3) We forward IAX on UPD Port 4569 this also requires periodic
reboots of the router.

Now it's early days so we may just have to discover some 'undocumented
features' to resolve these issues. If anyone out there has experience of
this beast is there an easy way to configure it to forward all traffic on to
another router (m0n0wall)?

Should we persevere with this router or junk it and go and buy a 'proper'
SHDSL router?

Any ideas greatly appreciated,

Charlie Barker