[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Sanity Check
 Date:  Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:14:30 -0400
On 9/19/05, Charlie Barker <CharlieBarker at redlinesoftware dot co dot uk> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please excuse the slightly off-topic nature of this post.
>
> We have just had a Bulldog SDSL line installed and with it they supplied a
> Speedtouch 605s SHDSL Router/Modem.
>
> This router exhibits some strange behaviours
>         1) It loses all NAPT Entries if switched off and on.
>         2) To establish PPTP VPN Connections we have to reboot the router
> periodically (every few hours)
>         3) We forward IAX on UPD Port 4569 this also requires periodic
> reboots of the router.
>
> Now it's early days so we may just have to discover some 'undocumented
> features' to resolve these issues. If anyone out there has experience of
> this beast is there an easy way to configure it to forward all traffic on to
> another router (m0n0wall)?

no experience with that one specifically, but I'd search the manual
for "bridging".  Most modems seem to allow bridging and it could very
well be more stable in bridging mode (there's a lot less for it to
worry about when it's just being a so-called "dumb bridge").

I'd also look for any firmware upgrades for the device that might be
available.  Even though you just got it, it could have been sitting
around for a few months before it got to you and could easily be
outdated.

-Chris